Some women are really scared of blue eye shadow. And as neutral lover myself, I can admit that delving farther into the color spectrum can be a little nerve-wracking. But, I was feeling a little adventurous yesterday and so, I found myself reaching for my blue Studio Secrets eye shadow palette from L’Oreal (their palettes are awesome, by the way).
1. Apply a pale blue base shadow to the entire lid.
2. Apply a medium blue shade to the outer third of the lid.
3. Apply a darker blue shade to the crease and then blend out. We don’t want any harsh lines, especially with a non-neutral shade.
4. Apply eyeliner to the upper and lower water line. I used a dark brown liner because I feel like black can be a little too harsh on me.
5. Apply mascara (again, I went with dark brown) and highlighter to the inner corners and below the outer part of the brow bone.
It has been a long time since I have deviated neutral shades, and I was impressed with the result. Turns out, blue isn’t so scary after all!
Do you stick with neutral eye shadow or are you more adventurous with the color spectrum?